NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK.
YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO FRIENDS OF SAN FRANCISCO ANIMAL CARE AND CONTROL NOT TO FACEBOOK. THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO FRIENDS OF FRANCISCO ANIMAL CARE AND CONTROL MAY BE USED FOR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES WITHOUT ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION OR CONSENT, UNLESS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
THE PET PRIDE DAY PHOTO CONTEST (the “Contest”): How To Enter: Beginning October 21 at 11:59am (PST) (“Contest Entry Period”), go to https://www.facebook.com/SanFranciscoACC and click the Photo Contest tab which will take you to the contest. Information required on the entry form (collectively, “Entry Information”) consists of first and last name, city, telephone number including area code, and email address. To enter your submission, click the entry tab and enter all required fields of information and then upload your pet photo list photo. Note that one submission per person is allowed. Entries accepted until 12:00pm (PST) October 28.
Winner Selection: By participating in the Contest, entrant certifies that his/her entry is original, has not been previously published or won any award, and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyrights, trademarks or rights or privacy or publicity. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these official rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the contest. The decision of the Sponsor and judges is final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. Winners announced on the SFACC FB Page on October 31 at 3:00pm (PST)
Prizes & Approximate Retail Value: The total approximate value of the prize (APV) varies depending on prize level and location of winner. First place winner of the Pet Pride Day Photo Contest includes airline vouchers. For details on vouchers please visit see Virgin America voucher restriction. Winner will be solely responsible for all meals, incidental expenses, tips and gratuities, income and other taxes, ground transportation, and all other costs and expenses not otherwise specified herein. All travelers must possess valid travel documents. Winner will be notified within one (1) week of the last day of the Contest, via e-mail, via phone and/or at Sponsor’s discretion. In the event the Winner doesn’t respond to Sponsor’s notification or does not accept the prize within five (5) business days of notification, the prize will be deemed forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected. In the event that any one or more potential Winner(s) fails to respond as stated above, declines the prize or fails to provide signed affidavits or releases, such Winner(s) will be deemed to forfeit the prize and Sponsor will select an alternate Winner(s) from the remaining eligible entrants. If any alternate(s) similarly fails to respond or declines the prize, Sponsor will use a reasonable number of attempts, in its discretion, to award the prize(s) to another alternate(s) but if it is unable to do so, the prize(s) will be finally forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further liability in connection with this Contest.
List of Winner(s): Will be posted on the SF ACC’s Facebook page. Incomplete entry forms or entry forms that have been tampered with will be disqualified. Winner’s list will be published at 3:00pm (PST)
1. ENTRIES: Limit one (1) entry per person for the Contest during the Submission period of October 21st starting 11:59am PST through October 28th 12:00pm PST. Get votes by tweeting or sharing on your Facebook profile. The top 3 vote getters will then enter the final round where Friends of SF ACC’s judges will determine, first, second and third place. Multiple entries in excess of this limit from the same person will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete or inaccurate entries.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who have reached 21 years of age or older in their state or territory of residence at time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, the independent judging organization and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible. Guest must be 21 years of age or older.
2. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Expenses not specifically included in prize description and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied outside of manufacturer’s limited warranty. No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. The Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. If the actual retail value of any Winner’s prize is $600 or more, the Winner must complete a W9 form and supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the Winner (or, if a minor, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian) for the actual value of the prizes received. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Winner or potential Winner who are unable or unavailable to accept or utilize Prizes as described herein. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Winners (and parent or legal guardian if Winner is a minor) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release within seven (7) days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate Winner. Travel companion of Winner must also execute a Publicity/Liability Release prior to ticketing and must possess required travel documents (e.g., a valid photo I.D.) prior to departure. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. Winner hereby further agrees that it will sign any documents necessary to transfer copyright of the entry to Sponsor within seven (7) days following the date of first attempted notification. By entering, Entrant grants permission for Sponsor, and any of its affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, the independent judging organization and prize suppliers to use the entrant’s submission (including an altered form of the entry) for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes, including but not limited to, use during Montblanc events, without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. If images are being submitted to Sponsor as a requirement for entry, Entrants agree that they have all rights to use the images submitted and to allow Sponsor, any of its affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, the independent judging organization and prize suppliers to reuse any of the images, without any liability, for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes. Additionally, acceptance of the prize by Winner constitutes permission for Sponsor and any affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, the independent judging organization and prize suppliers to use Winner’s name and/or likeness and biographical material for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, Winner agrees to hold Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize.
3. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in a Promotion if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
4. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. California State law, without reference to California’s choice of law rules, governs the Contest and all aspects related thereto.
5. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Friends of San Francisco Animal Care and Control, 1200 15th Street, San Francisco, CA 94103.
Official Voting Rules
At the time of voting, voter must be 21 years or older and a legal resident of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or Canada. Void in Puerto Rico, Quebec Province and where prohibited by law and cannot be an employee, agent or representative of San Francisco Animal Care and Control.
HOW TO VOTE
Vote for your favorite submission on https://www.facebook.com/SanFranciscoACC on October 28, 2014, starting at 12:00pm PST, according to the voting instructions on https://www.facebook.com/SanFranciscoACC to complete the voting process. Online entries may be subject to standard internet connection fees. Voting ends on October 31, 2014 at 12:00pm (PST)
Limit one (1) vote per entry per person.
Use of any device to automate a vote is prohibited, including but not limited to software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated votes. Friends of San Francisco Animal Care and Control reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual (and remove any votes from that individual) it suspects or finds: (i) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entry; (ii) to have tampered with the voting process; (iii) to be acting in violation of these Voting Rules; or (iv) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Friend of SF ACC reserves the right to remove votes at its sole discretion.
If, for any reason, any aspect of this voting process is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical or system failures or disruption, ‘Acts of God’ or terrorist attacks, or any other causes beyond the control of Friends of San Francisco Animal Care and Control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the voting process or for any reason Friends of San Francisco Animal Care and Control deems it necessary, Friends of San Francisco Animal Care and Control reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify voting process and reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine the winner(s).
You participate in this voting process at your own risk. Friends of San Francisco Animal Care and Control and affiliated companies, related companies, sponsors, subsidiaries and advertising agencies, and any entity associated with this voting process (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) difficulty accessing telecom systems; (ii) errors in transmission; (iii) service outage or delays or for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of any technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof: (iv) any incomplete, lost, late, delayed, misdirected or garbled votes or failure to receive votes; (v) injury or damage to you or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading materials or software, or attempts to participate in or download materials or software related to this voting process. Released Parties are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Released Parties that may cause the voting to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Official Voting Rules or (iii) any errors in the announcement of potential winner(s).
Participants assume all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the voting opportunity described in these Official Voting Rules, and release Released Parties and their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, parents, subsidiaries and affiliates from any such claim or liability.
All interpretations of these Official Voting Rules and the decisions of Friends of San Francisco Animal Care and Control relating to this voting process are final.