Besides the continuing subsidy of most of these accomplishments, other services in the works include:
• A small animal adoption campaign, including a public service announcement for TV and radio, classroom activity kits for grade school kids, and information packets for small animal adopters.
• Developing an education program and hotline for the public on how to control and care for the city's homeless cat population.
• And most importantly, additional grants to ACC's partner rescue groups.
We seriously consider the funding of any projects suggested by either management and staff at ACC or members of the public. However, because of San Francisco's labor regulations and union requirements we cannot fund personnel positions or capital improvements at the animal shelter. Also, keep in mind that the more money we can channel to ACC's rescue partners, the more animals' lives we will save.
Fundraising is a means to an end, but for FSFACC it is our primary purpose. Here are some of the fundraising activities already underway, in the works, on the drawing board or only occassionally discussed. All will need the support and involvement of volunteers and the public:
• Hosting benefit vegetarian/vegan dinners, parties, receptions and other special events.
• Expanding fundraising events and revenues at Pet Pride Day.
• Applying for grants from foundations, private companies, corporations, agencies and other nonprofits.
• Seeking sponsorships by companies of the kennels and public rooms at ACC.
• Auctioning off services donated on behalf of the Friends of SFACC, such as pet-sitting visits, behavior classes, dog-walking, pet grooming, vaccinations and vet visits.
• Publishing and selling a directory of pet-friendly temporary and permanent housing in the San Francisco Bay Area.
• Publishing and selling a calendar with photos of the ACC's animals available for adoption and the staff caring for them.
• Offering seminars on estate planning, including bequests and charitable remainder trusts (CRTs) that include the Friends as a beneficiary.
• Publicizing our vehicle donation program.
Logo Design by:
Beehive Creative www.beehivecreative.com