• Shortly after FSFACC's first year, the organization was already able to subsidize a major service at ACC in the first six months of 2002: free microchipping of dogs and cats. This service was enormously successful, microchipping 561 animals the first year, thus guaranteeing a speedy reunion with their families, should they ever get lost. FSFACC subsidized additional series of free microchipping clinics in 2003, 2004 and 2005. To date, we have microchipped over 2,700 dogs and cats.
• We also funded PetHarbor, a major online and touch-screen kiosk-based lost pet reunion system for ACC, which debuted in the spring of 2003. Anyone can search for lost pets and look for pets available for adoption at ACC by going to the PetHarbor Web site. We continue to fund the annual license renewal and service agreement for this sophisticated and valuable program.
• In 2004 we gave grants to a dozen other rescue partners that work directly with ACC, including Rocket Dog Rescue, Mickaboo Cockatiel Rescue, the San Francisco Rescued Orphan Mammal Program, Grateful Dogs Rescue, Give Me Shelter Cat Rescue, One at a Time Rescue, the Give a Dog a Bone Custody Dog Socialization Program, and Toni's Kitty Rescue. A generous grant of $20,000 from Susan Gray, Marin philanthropist, volunteer at the Marine Mammal Center and animal lover, made most of our grants to these groups possible. (Ms. Gray is our most generous benefactor to date and donated another $6,500 in 2005.)
• We subsidized the training of ACC staff at a national conference in San Jose that directly benefitted ACC's animals.
• We have paid for numerous necessities at ACC over the years, including volunteer smocks, blankets for the cats, green vet "scrubs," kitten formula, and a $20,000 dog group socialization training pilot project. This exercise and training program was produced by ACC's resident dog trainer and behaviorist, the nationally recognized expert Donna Duford, and has resulted in a higher adoption rate and happier dogs during their stay at the shelter.
Logo Design by:
Beehive Creative www.beehivecreative.com